This course provides training on incident analysis based on barrier failure analysis BFA method using IncidentXP which is a software tool that provides a platform for conducting barrier based investigations of incidents and accidents. It facilitates the organization of information gathered during an investigation into a logical timeline and then structures the analysis of the event according to the identification of barrier failures. Next, the immediate and systemic causes of the failures are analyzed in order to generate logical and effective recommendations to improve safety performance. It can be used as a stand-alone tool or integrates seamlessly with BowTieXP risk analysis software to establish a feedback loop between predicted performance and real-world data.
In this practical 2-day course we use a mix of presentations, interactive exercises, case studies and guided workshops to make sure you get the most out of the training.
- Introduction to bowtie risk management methodology
- Constructing bowtie diagram using BowTieXP software
- Constructing a timeline and sequence of events using IncidentXP
- Carrying out a barrier based analysis of the occurrence
- Developing recommendations and generate reports
- Creating a feedback loop to BowTieXP risk assessments to improve understanding of the risk landscape
Who should attend?
- PSM/HSE Managers and Coordinators
- Process, Safety and Mechanical Engineers
- Professionals interested in learning about BFA incident analysis method
- Any individuals conducting or overseeing serious incident or accident investigations
More information and registration
TÜV Rheinland Egypt
Senior Process safety engineer – Industrial Services
Mob: +20 122 400 7636