On the 10th and 11th of November, Site Safety is organizing a BowTieXP Risk Analysis Course in Ottawa. Site Safety Inc. invites you to attend our upcoming Risk Analysis Course. This course will prepare safety and risk professionals to conduct qualitative risk assessments using world-class methodologies and practices.
Using your own examples of risk exposure, you will learn to apply the methods in your work environment. During the course you will get hands-on training with the software tool, applying the latest user-friendly and innovative features of BowTieXP.
Day 1 Agenda – Method and Software Training
- Introduction to risk management
- The BowTie Method – History, Theory, BowTie Analysis, Advantages of a BowTie, BowTie Themes
- BowTieXP software – BowTie Analysis in 8 steps: Hazard, Top Event, Threat, Consequence, Barrier, Escalation Factor, and Escalation Factor Barrier
- Workshop – Development of basic BowTies, step-by-step diagram building, individual and group exercises
Day 2 Agenda – Advanced Methodology: Linking to the Management System
Day 2 of the Risk Analysis Course will build upon the standard skills of creating basic BowTieXP diagrams. Participants will learn how to customize the software elements so that the information is specific to their company.
Barrier performance, effectiveness, document links, assigning accountable people to barriers and industry best practices for diagram display options will all be reviewed on this final day.
- BowTie building game
- Advanced methodology – Linking to the Safety Management System, using and customizing risk matrices, running reports, creating a company BowTie library and templates
- Workshop – step-by-step diagram building
- AuditXP – Verifying & validating barriers, introduction to this software add on
- Introduction to IncidentXP & BowTieServer
More information and registration
For more information about course fees, please download the brochure or contact Dave Howe at 1(403)512-8832.
Please register at: https://sitesafety.ca/bowtie-risk-analysis-course/