This programme introduces bowtie methodology (one of many barrier risk models) and examines the various bowtie analysis components.
Bowtie analysis is an increasingly popular approach to help manage risk. The programme provides a critical review of the method’s benefits, limitations and practical uses, with hands-on practice at applying the technique.
- Introduction to risk assessment and bowties
- The bowtie method – what is a bowtie and how to build one
- Assuring barrier integrity
- Effectiveness and ALARP for bowties
- Benefits and practical uses of bowties
- Facilitating bowtie workshops
- Bowtie software tools
At the end of the course you will be able to
- Analyze hazard scenarios by applying the bowtie method and designing a bowtie diagram
- Develop integrity assurance for bowtie barriers, eg in terms of HSE-critical tasks and/or
- HSE critical systems
- Devise risk acceptance criteria for hazards in bowtie
Who should attend?
This programme is suitable for managers, engineers, operators, HSE advisors and
risk management practitioners.