Controlling risks within major hazard enterprises requires a robust process safety management (PSM) system and the experienced application of process hazard and risk analysis (PH&RA) techniques.
This PH&RA course is part of the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Training Programme. Participants who successfully pass the examination will receive an FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate.
This 4-day course covers the fundamentals of PSM, hazard identification and risk analysis, evaluation and treatment, as well as focussing on the principal methods including HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA, QRA and the increasingly popular bowtie analysis. It demonstrates how to apply theory in practice, using simple and more complex examples to illustrate key points. The course is considered essential for anyone who is involved in PH&RA.
Risktec Solutions, part of the TÜV Rheinland Group, is a leading authority on providing advice and technical support to clients operating in the major accident hazard sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals and nuclear sectors. Risktec’s consultants have unparalleled technical knowledge and practical experience in identifying and providing process safety and risk management solutions in all the major hazard industries.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply the most popular and internationally-adopted methods and tools for identifying and managing the risks associated with process-related hazards
- Actively participate in and give effective support during the whole process hazard and risk analysis approach
- Identify hazards and analyze risk, including applying the IEC 61882 HAZOP standard
- Relate the requirements of Functional Safety according to IEC 61508 / IEC 61511 to process hazards and risk analysis
Who should attend?
- Process engineers, safety engineers and managers, instrument engineers and operations personnel, plant and operations managers
- Anyone accountable for the assessment and management of risks and hazards in the process industries
- Persons involved in management, engineering, operations and safety of process operations
- Persons with HAZOP study experience and a basic knowledge of loss prevention and safe working practice
This training will not be industry-specific, so we invite attendees from all major hazard industries, such as oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical, nuclear, transportation and mining.