In the practical 2-day bowtie course, you will learn how to do risk analysis using the bowtie method. A thorough explanation of the method will be combined with hands-on exercises. We will use the Bowtie Toolkit to do bowtie workshops in groups, as well as build diagrams using the BowTieXP software. Afterwards, we will identify inspection/audit criteria for the barriers on our bowtie to measure their performance.
Jasper Smit has been providing well-received training courses in barrier-based methods over the last 7 years. These include bowtie and incident analysis. During his time at CGE Risk Management Solutions, he has facilitated the implementation of barrier-based risk management systems at various organizations. Jasper holds a Master’s degree in Cognitive Psychology.
Day 1 – Bowtie training
- Morning – Introduction to the bowtie method and BowTieXP software
- Afternoon – Build your first bowtie diagram
Day 2 – Bowtie training
- Morning – Run a bowtie workshop with the Bowtie Toolkit
- BowTieXP advanced features & applying bowties in production
Day 3 – Introduction barrier-based auditing
- Morning – Interactive introduction to barrier-based auditing
Information & Registration
Please find the brochure here for more more information. If you are interested in attending this event, please fill out the registration form below. Costs for this course are CAD 1800.