Well Assessment Integrity Tool: WAiT
Stuart Wright Company is specialized in Well Integrity. In other words: how to drill and operate/produce safely. Well control is sometimes still seen as an ‘art’, and not so much a risky activity that can be approached in a controlled manner.
The work undertaken by Stuart Wright in the last three years (Stuart Wright works for most mid- and major oil operators), has taken a new approach to Risk Assessment for Well Integrity. Stuart Wright believes integrity assessments for life cycle of wells is needed for organizations to meet risk challenges in a more connected and executable manner.
In this context current risk assessment practices are not addressing risks properly:
- Major incident risk is often not considered or discounted due to low probability
- KPI's are often designed to focus on time/cost and not incident avoidance
- Critical data quality, storage and retrieval management is poor
- Handover processes from Drilling to Production are obscure or omit identification of significant risks
- Dispensations to policies during well construction are not revealed or interpreted during handover
- Production operations staff are not trained in basic well architecture, or well integrity principles
- Most operators do not have an integrated Well Integrity Management system
- Risk assessment sessions are poorly prepared for and facts are not properly established first
- Conventional risk assessments focus on prevention thinking with poor follow-through, without serious consideration of consequences (i.e. severity/impact)
- Risk assessment is seen as an event rather than a process in project planning
- Risk assessment are often poorly documented or not at all
Stuart Wright developed a solution to meet these shortcomings. WAiT© is a comprehensive review platform used to drive a “forensic” assessment of the candidate well’s integrity status. WAiT© can be applied to all stages of the well lifecycle and is divided into four sections:
Section A: Subsurface physical Properties & “As Built” Well Condition
Section B: Tubing and Annuli Condition
Section C: Annuli Barrier Assessment
Section D: Major specific Hazard & Top Event identification using BowtTieXP
Click here for more information.